Thermal Imaging Consulting Services Inc. is an independent infrared testing and consulting firm providing infrared electrical, roof moisture, and building envelope inspection and analysis. Using the most advanced thermography sensors and analysis, our technicians evaluate the performance and safety of electrical and mechanical systems, steam plants, roofing and insulation. When used to locate and document thermal anomalies (hot spots) in buildings and building systems, our infrared systems surveys help property owners and facility managers to identify potentially dangerous and costly problems. Our infrared baseline survey provides crucial information about the performance of an existing building, information that serves as a benchmark for tracking the integrity and performance of its different systems over time.
Our thermographers are licensed and certified at various levels 1, 2, and 3. Some hold Infrared Building Sciences Certification from FLIR while others hold BPI certification. Thus our thermography testing has emerged as a powerful, versatile, and highly accurate diagnostic tool for uncovering a wide range of problems in building systems and structures, including moisture intrusion, missing or damaged insulation, overloaded circuits, faulty wiring, loose electrical connections, construction defects, and post-fire damage. Remember you are looking at emitted energy in the infrared photo’s and not visible light.
We do the following:
- Scan interior walls for consistency, missing insulation, moisture intrusion, air intrusion.
- Scan floor for same as above but also for any signs of sill plate leakage or moisture from other sources, (pets).
- Scan Ceiling for consistency of insulation, moisture from leaks, air intrusion, vermin investigation, mold, water.
- Examine heating system in walls for leaks, breakage, or disconnected trunks.
- Inspect windows and doors for leakage from window but also for leakage around the frame of the window.
- Look at appliances for abnormality
- Look at A/C condensing coil in summer to see if system is charged properly
- Inspect furnace for any signs of plenum leak, heating trunks for leakage, especially in crawl spaces.
- Scan Foundation sill for leakage from basement and also outside.
- Inspect basement for any moisture, leakage behind finished walls, bond beam leakage.
- Inspect Operational efficiency of soffit vents,
- Inspect basement windows for air intrusion
- Attic for escaping heat, insulation evaluation, mold, moisture, heat escaping, duct work.
- Exterior of building for all the above.
|These photos indicate missing insulation. The straight lines are the studs behind the dry wall. Also other places show where insulation has been pulled back and not seated properly so that convection occurs.|
Why should I choose this company?
We are vendor neutral, you choose the contractor. Remember if you call an insulation company they will sell you insulation; if you call a heating contractor they will sell you a new furnace; if you call a window company……well you get the drift.
Take charge of your energy concerns. Don't fall to the whim of every contractor that gives you an inspection. Feel like you're in command! With a home energy survey you can see the entire heat loss pictorially that you can understand. You can then determine where you want to spend your incremental dollar to fix the problems.
Amazing how that works. You get the picture...
By getting an energy survey you can act as general contractor getting bids for individual jobs that will help you accomplish your goals. Many of us do not have the monies to do all the projects at one time. The energy survey helps you prioritize your projects to tell you where you get the most bang for the buck...it also gives you a baseline of comparison and helps you document before and after the work was done in case you are ever dissatisfied with the result.
|The infrared photo on the left shows symmetric round circles that are typical of moisture. We are looking at damage from a roof leak that has not been detected yet.|